Massive thanks to Gavin Cato of GJC Electrical for fitting my new electric shower. Always friendly and helpful, I would recommend Gavin for electrical jobs of any size.
How do you light your rooms?
Do you struggle to find the right traditional style light bulb in the shops? Which fitting!? Bayonet? Screw? Are you happy with the traditional poor quality energy saving alternatives? Well, read on as the world of LED light bulbs is upon us…..
As the age old joke goes, “How many people does it take to change a light bulb?”
Many of us find it a pain and often leave a dead bulb for weeks (or in the instance of one of my recent customers – months!); After finding a ladder or climbing onto a chair and forgotten to turn the light switch off as our fingers get burnt, I am sure you would agree that a quicker, cheaper and easier light alternative would make life much better?
- LED lights are cheaper, last a lot longer due to their solid state technology, unlike traditional bulbs which have moving parts and can blow at any time, for no apparent reason! No more climbing onto dangerous household furniture to change bulbs!
- They can last from 20,000 to 30,000 hours which is years, some can last up to 50,000 hours!
- LEDs are huge energy savers, traditional bulbs consume 525kWh in a year compared to an LED consuming only 65kwH !
- LEDs are hugely popular for their versatility. Christmas tree lights are primarily now all LEDs!
- Due to the safety element of the epoxy lenses that surrounds the crystal which illuminates, no more burnt fingers either !
- They can be used in specific areas to light a room rather than to light the entire room, thus, giving you more options to light a room.
- You can really set the mood & have different colours in one or various rooms!
So why wouldn’t you go LED? Don’t be left in the dark!
Get in touch today, and we can help you step in to the future and in to the light!
If you want to lower your energy consumption and reduce your energy bill, follow our top electricity saving tips!
- Fill your fridge (and tummies!) Your fridge & freezer won’t have to work as hard when its full. Empty space means wasted energy!
- Only use fill the kettle with the water you NEED! The kettle is one of the most surprising consumers of electricity!
- If you don’t have LED lights in your home ..yet! Turn off lights when you leave a room. Simple but VERY effective! We can help you with this!
- Better still…. Switch to LEDs – they use 10% of the energy of traditional light bulbs!
- Generally, it is believed that dishwashers use more water and electricity. Wrong! Most modern dishwashers are highly economical and will save you more money
- Use microwaves to reheat food rather than the oven – they heat up the food far quicker, so are therefore more efficient
- If you use a tumble dryer, clean out the lint filter every few uses – it will then work more efficiently
- When you have a fully charged mobile phone, unplug the charger too as that is still conducting electricity and using energy!