If you want to lower your energy consumption and reduce your energy bill, follow our top electricity saving tips!
- Fill your fridge (and tummies!) Your fridge & freezer won’t have to work as hard when its full. Empty space means wasted energy!
- Only use fill the kettle with the water you NEED! The kettle is one of the most surprising consumers of electricity!
- If you don’t have LED lights in your home ..yet! Turn off lights when you leave a room. Simple but VERY effective! We can help you with this!
- Better still…. Switch to LEDs – they use 10% of the energy of traditional light bulbs!
- Generally, it is believed that dishwashers use more water and electricity. Wrong! Most modern dishwashers are highly economical and will save you more money
- Use microwaves to reheat food rather than the oven – they heat up the food far quicker, so are therefore more efficient
- If you use a tumble dryer, clean out the lint filter every few uses – it will then work more efficiently
- When you have a fully charged mobile phone, unplug the charger too as that is still conducting electricity and using energy!